Rep
Drives: Bmw 330i M-Sport {THP}

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrant64 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDMG20 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Clipper View Post
I had a JB4 on my E90 and it was okay, definitely better than stock but it was too "safe" for me if that makes sense? LOTS of CEL because I only have access to 91ACN and didnt realize at the time how close I was to E85.

With that said, I'd definitely be willing to go the JB4 route, not against it, just dont want to put out $700+ for the JB4, EWG, and monitoring app just to spin the tires and not see any real results at Sonoma Raceway.

Would love to see how the JB+ goes.

I'm definitely getting the itch to go faster with the lack of rain and Sonoma's 2021 season around the corner.
I have a jb plus set to max boost, and I can confidently say it's not that noticeable compared to stock... I also ran a BM3 stage 2 with a downpipe and that was so good especially now the summer time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDMG20 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Clipper View Post
I had a JB4 on my E90 and it was okay, definitely better than stock but it was too "safe" for me if that makes sense? LOTS of CEL because I only have access to 91ACN and didnt realize at the time how close I was to E85.

With that said, I'd definitely be willing to go the JB4 route, not against it, just dont want to put out $700+ for the JB4, EWG, and monitoring app just to spin the tires and not see any real results at Sonoma Raceway.

Would love to see how the JB+ goes.

I'm definitely getting the itch to go faster with the lack of rain and Sonoma's 2021 season around the corner.
I have a jb plus set to max boost, and I can confidently say it's not that noticeable compared to stock... I also ran a BM3 stage 2 with a downpipe and that was so good especially now the summer time.

I think with JB, less could be more in terms of adding boost. From the feedback I've read, people have better luck and response overall from the car when it's not turned all the way up. I'll be trying it out over the next few weeks at various settings to see. Of note - mine showed up today and was set past the 3 o'clock position (it's supposed to come pre-set at 3o'clock - it was set closer to 4-5 o'clock). I set it just past 3-3.5 position.

On first drive, throttle felt slower/sluggish at low speeds, 5-30mph. After a few miles it picked up a bit in response. Going to take it for a spin tomorrow again, then turn it down to 2.5-3 o'clock position. Then all the way up to 6 o'clock.
Yes that could possibly be true! I have had a JB+ for a year now and have tried various boost numbers. Don't get me wrong there is a difference but for $200 USD I think I should have just gone with BM3 from the start. That being said for the ease of install, removal and slight increase in performance I'd say a JB+ isn't the worst option out there.
Appreciate 0