View Single Post
      04-10-2024, 05:04 AM   #257
alFR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tok'Ra View Post
It had never occurred to me that PPF could be considered a "mod". Thanks for highlighting that. I agree, insurers will try anything to avoid having to pay out on a policy.
Depends on the insurer I think (helpfully). Admiral don't need it listing on the policy, for example, but I've read a few stories where the insurer has either refused to pay for new PPF after a repair (reasonable IMHO), declined to offer cover for cars with PPF (justification being that removing PPF to do a repair raises their costs) or refused claims / cancelled cover on cars with undeclared PPF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeebieJeebies View Post
Not just the current climate, they’ve been doing that all my 44years of driving
True. I think they are worse now though and the fact that they all have different requirements (and you often get told different things by different people when you call them, e.g. the customer service person for my current insurer told me over the phone when I was taking out the policy that factory options didn't need declaring, but when the cover booklet came through it turned out they did) means you just can't take any chances at all. The problem is compounded by the fact that you don't have any record of a phone conversation with them: I've taken to doing the online text chat with mine where possible and recording the section of the screen with the chat window in it (the function to send you a transcript of the chat afterwards has never worked, conveniently for them). I don't trust them an inch.
Appreciate 1