Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by akzz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitallust View Post
Anyone replaced their front windscreen yet.

500km and already damaged the windscreen.

No idea what has happened but was washing my car and when I got to the windows noticed a huge double scratch line right through the windscreen running in line with the wiper direction. I've only used the wipers once in a bit of a downpour.

Pretty annoying as it's deep and I can't see how it could of happened. Tried the old tooth paste trick but must be deeper than surface scratches.

My new C250d was about $800 change out which I thought was reasonable. It didn't have HUD but had the full camera setup.
Sorry to hear mate ! I've noticed some scratches too but unsure if they're still there or not with all the Melbourne downpour.

Hope it's not a windscreen replacement ! Btw - what is the old toothpaste trick do ?
I had a windscreen company have a look at it and they showed me a whole heap of cuts in the glass that I never saw before ... not sure where they have come from as I've only done 600ish km and haven't been on any road trips.

Insurance is replacing it. Glass co said it's too deep for a repair.

I was told about light scratches that if they are surface and not deep , buffing the area with a toothpaste with baking soda takes them out rather well. Have done it before on previous cars but no luck this time around unfortunately
Retired - 2018 - Range Rover Velar SE D240
Retired - 2015 - Mercedes Benz C250d AMG Line W205
Appreciate 0