07-10-2023, 06:06 PM   #104
MLite_Dad
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive Touring LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimo View Post
Any recommendations for insurance that is mods friendly? I found Admiral is good but concerned my August renewal may go up making me shop around...
Hi Vadimo, Everyone else. Can anyone assist with some advice please. I'm due to pick up my new M340i Touring on Wed 12 Jul (which is my first ever BMW) but still have not secured a reasonable quote (i.e. less than £1,500 with a well known insurer). I now only have tomorrow to sort it and I fear they'll now have me over a barrel. I plan to change the wheels and tyres as well as lowering the car on AC Schnitzer springs on Day 2.

Is it normal for Insurers to be asking for upwards of £1.5K as well as demanding a Tracker be installed? Have no probs with installing a Tracker although I was just planning on installing the AutoWatch Ghost II Immobiliser but the broker I spoke to said AW Ghost is not as highly regarded as I was thinking. If I had any hair, I'd be pulling out. Just fed up now and want the insurance issue resolved. Anyone know if Admiral insure modded cars as described above.

The quotes I got below £1,500 are from companies I've never heard of with appalling reviews on 'TrustPilot' so would prefer to avoid them.

Grateful for any advice folks and thanks all.
Appreciate 0