12-04-2019, 04:12 PM   #72
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedown31 View Post
Except you know for a fact Apple will be releasing a new iPhone every year, around the same time in September. No one goes into a store in August and buys a new iphone and then come September flips there lid on Apple when the next iphone comes out.

BMW gave no hint of ever offering carplay for free, nor could we have ever assumed they would. I can assume and and am 99.9% confident Apple will release a new iphone next September. Two completely different concepts here.

A better comparison is when a company drops the price of a product hundreds of dollars without warning.
I do not see a world where anyone gets full refund of money paid

My guess is
A. they will only make free on go forward vehicle purchases (simple choice, but lots of pissed off existing owners)
b. Pick a go live date to make globally free: if they choose to offer it retroactively to existing vehicles then they will offer a prorated refund from the date they "go live" at free. Its not that complicated of script to run on each account and if they have been accounting for this properly (I am not CPA) i believe they should only be booking revenue for each period in a subscription so it wont be a "loss" to refund it will be reduced future revenue
Appreciate 0