View Single Post
      01-28-2024, 02:22 PM   #21
phanamous
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i

Thanks for the detail answer. I'm just surprised that a 1" drop can make such a difference. It sounds like the shocks are indeed bottoming on big bumps overwhelming the shock's damping limits.

So with proper damping, it wouldn't be as bad fair to say? (As in going full coilovers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTO View Post
Yeah, while not as bad on sport setting…hitting dips and bumps at speed still throws you in your seat.

There is considerably less spring travel and front end compliance on every setting and it’s noticeable.

Regular city driving it’s less “bouncy” on sport mode, however you do feel the road a bit more.

I again attest that I can’t understand anyone saying ANY lowering spring setup is like stock.

The trade off or cost for stance and look is noticeable…and just seems to matter less to certain drivers.

For reference, I am coming out of a 911 Turbo S on springs, so I am not overly sensitive to ride quality. Just being honest with myself and others on the pros and cons.

While I hate the wheel gap, I miss the stock ride quality. I went from a comfortable ride to an somewhat aggressive one. Par for the course.
Appreciate 0