View Single Post
      03-13-2019, 06:54 PM   #13
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

In my eyes....the perfect balance model of Corvette was the C6Z..... if left unmodified. I had one for a short period when they came out, and it was probably the best stock platform from Corvette that I had driven.

Even in stock form, it takes a very skilled driver to take advantage of what it has to offer.

I sold it, and bought a newer Z51 equipped C6 a little later and modified it slightly. Just changed up the delivery of the power range....plus it's cheaper on insurance.

Not sure what they are trying to accomplish with the next generation, but it makes me wonder who is making the decisions.

The Z51 equipped C7 is nice and solid from my experience, but I'm still not sold on the aesthetics of it. All cars have their shortcomings, so you can pick apart most anything.

I wish the C6Z would have been an FRC body style. I would have kept it. And for the price, it's a fun car that you don't have to worry about treating it with kids gloves as it isn't anything special that would make you think it's a garage queen!
Appreciate 0