View Single Post
      10-03-2018, 12:58 PM   #295
spdandpwr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4life View Post
I keep reading variations of the same answer. I am sorry but that's not a solution. M3 will be much more expensive than m340i let alone 330i with 6mt. Please think what you're writing since not everyone has such a wide delta of a budget that they shop for a BMW between 40K and 80K. That's just dumb. Might as well say forget g20 and get a year old 911 with 6mt
You're right. Unfortunately, this is an online forum so oftentimes the line between jest and seriousness is not so clear.

For what it's worth, I, too, am disappointed by BMWs decision to streamline the transmission choices. As I see it, the take rate is high enough to justify the production of the car, especially in an instance where you are now in a position to be the only purveyor of a manual transmission luxury automobile.

Heck, I'd be willing to pay a small premium for the MT. In fact, why don't they make MT cars a custom option only. That way, they don't have to worry so much about having too many that don't move.

Whatever the case, I hope the //M is as nice (in terms of residual) as the outgoing model was. I plan on saving every penny to get another.
Appreciate 1
MT4life575.50