View Single Post
      10-03-2018, 03:32 PM   #299
agentrnge
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 6MT, 2001 740iL

I like it. There seems to always be something to hate/dislike/not love. Few if any cars are perfect. Certainly not an kind-of-entry-level-luxo-do-just-about-everything car for the upper-lower-middle-class masses.
I am very glad to see the broken hood line gone. That little cosmetic thing kept me from loving the F30 ( and F10 ). I really love the M-Sport look. +1 to 100 posts above... agree there are some fiddly bits in the front corners that dont make sense in photos or maybe real life. The Full M-Performance hex grill is a even sillier. So fat looking. But overall, I like it, and I think I will probably get one. Re the active grill, they could have done something simpler, a single flap in the rear behind a standard grill without it all being SOO THICCKK.

Yes it is bigger. I've always preferred a slightly larger car. e39 was perfect for me, and this is just about there. If only there was a manual. It really is sounding like the G80 will have that. And if so, I will get it, probably. But at that price range, you are in Cayman land, or lightly used 911 territory. If I got the M3, or the Porsches.. then I would prefer to not drive them in the salty winters. So then I need second car adding more to the car expense. While a 6 speed 330 or 340 would not feel "special" enough to warrant garaging in foul weather. I want a manual M340i. that would be a dream. I would want a 6MT G30 540i too. That would be great. But we are forced to come to terms with the fact that manuals are only available now on cheap low-end spec cars, or full blown 2-ish seater sports cars. Oh well.
Appreciate 2