Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by daap1193 View Post

Finally every problem of the M2C has a solution you can buy an equal length exhaust 3k, crank hub fix 1k plus 2k in labor, carbon fiber parts and wheels to reduce weight for a lot of money, and when consumables are done pads and better tires can be upgraded wich paired with better suspension will make a track monster, but my point is if you get a M2C and you need to spend 3K just to make it reliable and then you can start to modify when in a B58 powered car with 3k you can get Dps tune and turbos so that is what's does make sense to me
I want hear some opinion can I ask you which engine will you chose to modify? as I can read you know something about this topic Jmg

If the car itself was the same, ie a B58 equipped M2C vs a S55 equipped M2C, with the same cooling, suspension, brakes etc, I'd choose the S55 simply because it makes more power and torque.

However, if it were an S58, which is currently in the X3M, of course I would choose an S58 equipped M car with all that it entails: cooling, suspension, brakes, lightening etc. for the same reasons: more power and torque, and in this case sooner delivery in the RPM band.

The M340i is great for a street car: modern interior, versatile X-Drive for maximum grip, and comfort options. However, even if the M340i was equipped with a more powerful S58 I would rather get the S55 equipped M2C simply because it's lighter. I cannot express how much more enjoyable and important a better handling car is than a car that drags well. Nothing to me about racing is more boring than the drag race. Of course that's subjective and if street racers enjoy it, then enjoy it in good health, the M340i will do just fine. It's just doesn't do what I want in a fun weekend car.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
daap1193172.00