View Single Post
      07-19-2019, 03:33 AM   #58
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e (g20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
I'm going to get a tethered cable at home to safe faffing about with cables, the No 1 recommendation I got from a neighbour who has a PHEV! Do you know which cables the car actually comes with? I'm assuming a standard 3-pin + a Type 2 cable for rapid(-ish) charging at home or when out and about. But knowing BMW they'll probably be extra...

How are you enjoying your 330i demo? Does the adaptive ride make much difference between comfort and sport? Would be interesting to know how it compares to your Mondeo. My Mondeo runs 19" wheels and it's still pretty comfortable around town and on the motorway.
Yes, difference between Sport and Comfort is really noticeable. In all things, engine, gearbox, ride. Comfort is really nice, sport - really sporty and aggressive. Was switching between those all the time

DEMO was nice... Had Saab 95 Aero sitting on my tail while leaving a junction and merging into M42... He tried to stick with me - almost could Almost
Car drives very nice, and I think 330e will have very similar performance to the 330i. However, this is my first RWD car, and I had some wet asphalt on my country roads around my area - so it took absolutely no effort to wiggle the tail. Which is a bit worrying, and means that I will have to be a bit more careful with the pedal

My Mondeo is with 16" wheels (215/60 R16 - Only option available for Hybrid when I ordered it in 2015) so... aghmm.. Mondeo is like million miles away softer and smoother. Like from another planet. But that's not really comparable due to Mondeo tyre size . However, as it should be, 3 series feels more stable due to low profile run-flats vs mondeo balloons

The 530e demo which I had, came with a single 3 pin cable which you use to charge from the domestic socket.
Colleague has 530e, so his came with the same - single cable for domestic socket. He bought himself a Type 2 cable from ebay for like a 100 gbp or so.
When I asked about it, dealership rep told that it comes with single, 3 pin domestic cable.
But to be fair - I will be charging it at home most of the time (to charging points in office), and it is fully charged during the night. It will be more or less tethered cable just inside the garage, and I will have to open/close garage doors for every charge, but that's not a big worry...

Last edited by snusnu; 07-19-2019 at 04:18 AM..
Appreciate 1
tricky6239.50