12-29-2019, 10:02 PM   #20
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy562 View Post
Thanks for the information chenry , curious does stage 2 provide increased performance to stage 1 on just octane 91 if I do not have access to e85 at all times or would the dual tune handle this automatically? What does the user have to do to swap the tune from stage 1 to stage 2 in the case of different fuels? Would I start to experience misfires or any problems without the e85? Thanks again for the info!
I'm going to do what I can here, but I would highly suggest you reach out to Alex for technical details. He's readily available for anyone that wants to work with him. I would suggest a call or email to him vs using the forum as the bat signal to summon him :-) (not saying you in particular are bat signaling)

*does stage 2 provide increased performance to stage 1 on just octane 91: yes
*if I do not have access to e85 at all times or would the dual tune handle this automatically: I think the intent with the dual tune is to run e85/e30 on stage 2 and 91 on stage 1. Personally I would think it would not be advisable to drive your stage 2 e30 tune on 91 highly aggressively in the same manner as you would with e30 in the tank. But I'm probably stating the obvious to you. That said I think what you can get from MP is 91 Stage 1/2, 93 or E30 Stage 1/2, Cali dual fuel - call them to confirm
*What does the user have to do to swap the tune from stage 1 to stage 2: about 45 secs or so using a PC - IOS will be here soon
*Would I start to experience misfires or any problems without the e85: what you would experience by running the wrong fuel with the wrong tune aggressively I don't know - that would be a good question for Alex

I hope this helps - that's about what I have to offer. Please report back if you speak with Alex - you will find him to be a wealth of information

Note: I drive my Stage2 340 on 91 on occasion if I have to (kids out of town soccer tourni as an example) and sometimes I drop it to stock and sometimes I leave it but don't drive like I do at AutoX. Point being you're not stranded on Stage2 with no E85 you just need to be reasonable with your car

ps- PM me if you are in LB and want to connect for a drive

Last edited by chenry; 12-29-2019 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: added car question
Appreciate 0