View Single Post
      10-17-2020, 08:07 AM   #2
Merami fan
めらみぽっぷ fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive

The blindspot cameras are probably the one area where Hyundai trumps BMW... I hope we get that feature soon. But hey, no turn signals needed in a BMW (kidding)
I'm going to try to answer your questions based on my own car (2020 330i) and what I've seen and researched myself, but things might be different for a 330e and Hawaii. I haven't been in a GS, but the 3 series is definitely sportier. And of course it blows the Sonata out of the water. I would recommend test driving first. See if it's comfortable enough, and if you care about the performance/sportiness. If you just want to save money on gas and drive like a granny to and from work or the shops, a Tesla Model 3 is the answer--it has THE most tech. Compared to a cheaper car, the ride is great. It's probably a little firmer than an A4, though. The 3 series is meant to be a sporty (and luxurious) car. It's comfortable and quiet enough, but the suspension is firm. Smaller wheels and non-runflat tires help with that, though.

1) The sticker (MSRP) is the sticker. Add the Destination & Handling charge to the number shown on the website. The only other fees would be dealer/doc fees (haven't seen higher than $799), government fees such as license and registration, and tax (incentives are taxed, meaning you pay tax on the pre-incentive price). I would be surprised to see a 3 series go for over sticker, but I don't know anything about the market in Hawaii. Dealers typically make their money in other, less obvious areas. A $925 acquisition fee applies to leases. Not sure if it's the same for financing. Leasing is probably a better option, even if you plan on buying at the end. BMWs lease well for various reasons. Read up on leasehackr for details about leasing. If leasing, you can expect around 10% off before incentives. But I don't know if that would apply to Hawaii, or if the discount would be eaten up by shipping costs from a dealer outside of your state.
Takes 4-6 weeks or so? There is a thread here on order timelines. Also check leasehackr. Might be longer for Hawaii.

2) They are similar, just a bit different design. The M sport one might be a little thicker. https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...1&d=1555556156
https://www.autozeitung.de/assets/fi...mw-m340i-5.jpg

3) I think so. My non-M sport doesn't have fogs. And I know the M340i doesn't have fogs. Order guide only mentions fogs in the M sport package. https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1687735 (pricing guide w/ package explanations also here)

4) 04 not found

5) This part:
5AS Active Driving Assistant or ZDY - Driving Assistance Professional Package
means that Active Driving Assistant is included with Pro. There is a big difference between the packages. Active includes rear cross-traffic alert, active lane drifting prevention (NOT assist i.e. constantly moves wheel to stay in lane for you), and speed limit info (if you have navigation). The $1,700 Pro package includes adaptive cruise, side collision avoidance, active lane keeping assist, etc.

6) The lasers are lower-powered in the US. I think it turns off part of the beam, or adjusts the height. CORRECTION: I have "LEDs with cornering" (not laser) on my car. I definitely notice them turn as I turn the wheel, but don't think they do anything else. Icon is just a random word thrown in for marketing. Adaptive is the key word here, and means they adapt/move/adjust vs the base static/non-moving ones. They look better and you might get a few bucks off of your insurance premium for adaptive LEDs.

7) From the latest update (07/2020), Apple maps directions show up in the instrument cluster and the HUD, via Carplay.
View post on imgur.com

It doesn't show the whole thing like on the main infotainment display. Just some part(s). I'm not sure about other uses cases. Definitely limited support, though. I find the HUD useful in the SUVs since you are probably seated higher above the instrument cluster. I don't really miss it in my 3. But you'll be getting it anyway with the Executive package.

8) Thigh support can be adjusted. I think it's only manual in the 3.

9) Adaptive suspension is only a positive.

10) That's part of Comfort Access Keyless Entry. Also includes auto-locking/unlocking doors, auto-folding mirrors, etc. You could consider this to be a base feature, as it's part of all packages and you would struggle to find a car spec'd without the Convenience Package at least. Power tailgate means power closing only.

11) Lights under the doors are standard. Ambient lighting package is required for the welcome lights/carpet with doors closed, as well as strips across the dash, on the doors, and footwells, etc. If you opt for leather seats, you are forced to get ambient lighting. Amazing how this ($250) and remote start ($300) aren't standard features... What is this, Porsche and paying for round wheels and see-through windows?

12) Standard.

13) CORRECTION: The lights come on if you have Comfort Access Keyless Entry. You can change the settings for the lights/auto-unlocking doors. CORRECTION: Ambient lighting package required for welcome lights/carpet. Door handle lights are standard.

14) If ordering, yes. Sounds and looks better than base, although the base system in the US is adequate. Not sure about the DVD/Blu-ray part. It only mentions CD player prep or wiring, not any actual players. You can play videos from a phone on the infotainment screen, though.

15) BMW ConnectedDrive app is free.

Is it worth it? Arguably somewhat inflated price, as with any luxury brand. Do you get what you pay for? I would say so, yes. Is it worth it just for the tech? No. Combined with the performance and handling? Yes.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1w...1L3y6cmPEyGSoI

Last edited by Merami fan; 10-18-2020 at 10:28 PM..
Appreciate 2
mf44489.50