View Single Post
      11-24-2020, 11:25 AM   #13
obscurehero
Private
Rep
Drives: for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstreak View Post
Ok. For those who asked me to see the dealership. Here's what happened. I used BMWs website and sent my info the the local dealer that I was interested and had a few questions I wanted answered. In like 15mins I had a reply from the local dealership's manager. He would have one of his salesperson get in touch with me. About 5mins later, I get a generic (how generic? "I see you're interested in our _______" it actually had a blank line.) response saying he is going to help me. So I sent another email asking all my questions. Next day, I get a email asking me for more info like how I was going to pay for it and other financial questions. No response to my questions. I gave the info he asked and asked if he could now answer my questions. I waited for a response.
I waited about a week. No answer. So I wrote back to the manager and CC the salesperson that I was still waiting on answers to my questions. The manager apologized for for a lack of response. He answered my questions. He said I could email him or the salesperson with any other questions I had. I replied back by saying I had more questions to what he told me. But I would wait for a reply from the salesperson.
A few days later, I get a generic email from the same salesperson saying he saw I had an inquiry on the website and I can get back to him for some help or purchase of the vehicle. No answers to my questions again.
I wrote back saying I was still waiting for a reply to my questions. He replied back and answered the first few questions about leasing and warranty. BUT once again, ignored the whole page of questions I had previously asked.
This person doesn't read emails.
I didn't write back. A few days later I get a response if I was still interested and had any more questions.
I wrote back once again stating he didn't answer the rest of my questions. It's been a week since I heard from him.
Being the ONLY dealership here, it's going to be awkward if I eventually go down to buy the vehicle.
My brother-in-law lived on Oahu for awhile and had an M2. Really terrible experience with that dealer. They're not very knowledgeable, they overcharge for their service, and they have no incentives to give you any real deals compared to the mainland.

He is still a BMW customer, but refused to do any more business with them. I really feel bad you have no other choices, but they're actually quite terrible there.