Thread: Cloud Maps
View Single Post
      07-16-2020, 09:58 AM   #20
Yorkshire330e
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330e

I got 11.2019.70 yesterday.

I was convinced OTA updates didn’t work on mine as I’d never had one before since owning in Oct 2019. Have previously taken it into the dealer for 2 prev. updates.

A conversation with the master technician at the dealership has informed me the OTA updates HAVE been working all along. The confusion comes in because BMW release the OTA versions at a delayed rate compared to the actual latest version that’s available.

I know there’s a 3.2020.xx out there, but the latest OTA update released is the one yesterday (15/7) - 11.2019.70, which is the one I and others got. Previously I was on 11.2019.30 before yesterday.

Not sure what the reasoning is for releasing the OTAs at a delayed/staggered rate to the actual latest version available.

So if you keep taking your car in for updates (amongst other excuses to get it cleaned!), then chances are you won’t be due any OTA updates until they catch up to the version you’ve got from the dealer.

I’ve not noticed anything ground breakingly different from 11.2019.30 to .70 - oh the electric driving in low emissions cities option is there, don’t think that was there before. Looks a bit of a mess to be honest, a jumbled list of international cities of which there's London and Birmingham for the U.K. other than that, not noticed anything else (though happy to be corrected if this feature was always there!)
Appreciate 0