View Single Post
      08-07-2020, 08:57 AM   #2
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erawamai View Post
I've been having mix feelings about the Hi Fi Stereo in my 330i.

After doing a bit of research I tried ordering Eton BW 100's for the front doors. Unfortunately, they are pretty much only available from Germany and for whatever reason it's very hard and expensive to post stuff from Germany to Australia.

Anyways, I have not done anything like this before so to dip my toes in ordered the centre mid range and tweeter from Bimmertech.

The package was posted from the UAE and (given the current COVID climate) arrived pretty fast (5 days or so). The speaker looks high quality and it is heavier and looks higher quality that the stock speaker. The stock speaker is quite honestly pretty tinny looking, especially the tweeter.

The job took about an hour and was pretty easy but fiddly.

Anyways, photos tell a thousand words.

We will see if I feel it's worth ordering 2 extra tweeters and 4 door speakers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erawamai View Post
I've been having mix feelings about the Hi Fi Stereo in my 330i.

After doing a bit of research I tried ordering Eton BW 100's for the front doors. Unfortunately, they are pretty much only available from Germany and for whatever reason it's very hard and expensive to post stuff from Germany to Australia.

Anyways, I have not done anything like this before so to dip my toes in ordered the centre mid range and tweeter from Bimmertech.

The package was posted from the UAE and (given the current COVID climate) arrived pretty fast (5 days or so). The speaker looks high quality and it is heavier and looks higher quality that the stock speaker. The stock speaker is quite honestly pretty tinny looking, especially the tweeter.

The job took about an hour and was pretty easy but fiddly.

Anyways, photos tell a thousand words.

We will see if I feel it's worth ordering 2 extra tweeters and 4 door speakers.
Ooh lovely , I was thinking of doing that too
May I ask how much those 2 speakers cost
I looked at the bimmertech site they look like good quality audiophile grade speakers
Do you have the Harmon Kardon system ?

Any tricks tips for taking off that central speaker cover ?

Maybe I will just do the front section as I found out the rears don't really matter

Would be good to get better subs under the seats though don't seem to feel the bass at all

Let us know how they sound very interested to see if you can hear a difference and what the difference is

I really love my sound but the HK system is missing that last percentage of sparkle in the music which I would like to correct

So I think if I replace the speakers in the front doors and the tweeters and the centre speaker and tweeter that would make a big difference

Thanks for sharing great mod😄👍
Appreciate 0