firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erawamai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitallust View Post
To be honest I'm glad I stuck with the standard Hifi in the G20.

Which by the looks of it , is what you could upgrade the F30 to back in the day.

I stayed with the base audio back when I ordered my F30 and it was nothing short of shocking.

When I moved to Mercedes I ordered the Burmeister and the Meridian in the Range Rover and while most of the time they sounded phenomenal in both cars the bass caused so much interior rattling. I'd be forever changing the bass settings

When I test drove the 330i with the standard Hifi I was actually quiet impressed , enough to not warrant ticking the Harmon Kardon box
I think this is why BMW put their heavier bass speakers in the floor (to minimise cabin shake).
Quote:
Originally Posted by erawamai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitallust View Post
To be honest I'm glad I stuck with the standard Hifi in the G20.

Which by the looks of it , is what you could upgrade the F30 to back in the day.

I stayed with the base audio back when I ordered my F30 and it was nothing short of shocking.

When I moved to Mercedes I ordered the Burmeister and the Meridian in the Range Rover and while most of the time they sounded phenomenal in both cars the bass caused so much interior rattling. I'd be forever changing the bass settings

When I test drove the 330i with the standard Hifi I was actually quiet impressed , enough to not warrant ticking the Harmon Kardon box
I think this is why BMW put their heavier bass speakers in the floor (to minimise cabin shake).

Did some research seems like the Focal Utopia M are the best mid/tweeter combo for the doors but that will set you back $3000 a pair( both doors 4 speakers ) excluding install costs

One step down are the focal K2 range which is $559 which seems more reasonable

The question is where do you stop , would you need to replace the amp as it's like a 10 channel system

For me a perfect setup ignoring cost now just to dream
1. Focal utopia m 3.5 inch mid and tweeter in both front doors
2. Same in centre dash
3. Maybe K2 range under seat

I still would like a flat vertical box sub on the back as the HK system you cannot feel the bass

Watching the Bavsound install videos
Centre console speaker replacement looks quite easy just need a plastic lift up tool to get the speaker cover off and a mini ratchet to unscrew the screws
Doors though require you not breaking any clips

Speaker under chairs require a heat gun to

remove the speaker from the casing and maybe a torque wrench to get the seat bolts back to their original tightness

Rear deck speakers also look quite easy to remove

I love my sound, my Rockford fosgate amp and Boston acoustic pro series from 20 years ago in my previous car has better punch / detail than the current HK system 😄 so I know the sound can be improved quite a lot from the standard HK

So maybe I will have to save up for the Focal Utopia 👍

Im thinking I only do the fronts , I found having rear speakers besides rear sub on the boot does not do much for the sound , except in HK when you go surround sound effect
Appreciate 0