01-29-2020, 06:27 PM   #202
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
There’s usually steaks and lamb at this place. Mostly game meat. Last time I brought 2 and we finished it. That was enough for 5 people with 2 glasses or so each. I’m thinking 2-3 this time should be good. Not looking to get drunk. Prefer to stay around $60-80 a bottle.
OK didn’t realize it was a restaurant - no extra bottles needed as you can always just order one if necessary.

There’s a lot of good wine in that price range, some mentioned in this thread. For Cabernet, I found Don Melchor at Costco for $80 vs. $100 elsewhere. Caymus always a sold choice. I mentioned Joseph Phelps earlier in the thread. D.R. Stephens is another I think is pretty good.

I haven’t had that much Amarone so I can’t make a specific recommendation, but it should be a good choice. I’d also recommend looking into Brunellos. The 2015 vintage is supposed to be outstanding - not sure if in stores yet but it may be. There are a lot of good Brunellos and several in this price range. Terralsole and Il Poggione should be relatively easy to find.

I’m sure others will chime in with more suggestions.