01-28-2019, 06:43 PM   #90
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coni View Post
Do you think that the Pure model is going to be a lightweight version? Otherwise I don't understand why they'd have a model thats more "basic" than the base version.

As an aside - I hate that MB & BMW are now having these higher-end versions of the AMG & M cars that have more performance than standard AMG/M cars. It used to be that getting an M3 meant you were getting the best performance car BMW could make on the 3-series platform. Now it feels to me that M3 is being artificially restrained so that they can demand more money for the real best performance car they can make: the M3 Competition or whatever they call it. If they follow MB (and they will - BMW has shown that they will copy literally everyone this past decade) then the price difference between the M3 and the "actually this is really the M3" will be +$8k.
wow... you sure have missed the ///Mark(eting)....

There have been one or more special editions of EACH iteration of the M3 to date...

Quote:
Originally Posted by E39hijinks View Post
The E30 M3 EVO, a billion special versions of the E36 M3, and E46 M3 CSL (aside from ZCP), and the E90 M3 in various trims would like a word with you.
well stated.....

there were not one but about SIX special versions of the E30 M3

Evo 1 , Evo 2 , Ravaglia, Cecotto, Europa Meister , and Sport Evo..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 01-28-2019 at 06:52 PM..
Appreciate 0