2011zx10R
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyBlueCars View Post
Forget the fact that it's an M version - it's still a 3 Series, or 4-door sedan. That's pretty practical.

SUVs and wagons are even more so of course, but BMW doesn't make wagons here anymore, and I'm not an SUV kind of guy.

Practicality isn't the only reason I'd buy an M3, but it's the reason why I don't want an M4.
I think you're missing the point, but ok.
Quote:
Quote:
That's an odd thing to say. Short of removing the back seats or lowering it to within an inch of its life, you can't take away the practicality of an M3. I, as a dad with a 3 year old, am interested in both sides of the car.
You're not getting an M3 based on it's practicality. There are way more practical cars out there if that was your focus.

Another example are all of the "SUV Coupes" coming out. It make no sense to me that you'd try to merge the two. You sacrifice in both departments in an attempt to get a homogeneous mix.

And that's why the data is split. Most people either want a manual RWD (fun) or auto awd (practical) when they chose a vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I refuse to drive an automatic ///M car. If I didn't get swayed by the SMG's and DCT's, why on earth would I go full blown auto!?! I love the Porsche GT3 almost more than my own mother, and I wouldn't want an auto/PDK version of that either. THANK GOD Porsche came [back] to their senses.
Quote:
Quote:
Forget the fact that it's an M version - it's still a 3 Series, or 4-door sedan. That's pretty practical.

SUVs and wagons are even more so of course, but BMW doesn't make wagons here anymore, and I'm not an SUV kind of guy.

Practicality isn't the only reason I'd buy an M3, but it's the reason why I don't want an M4.
I think you're missing the point, but ok.
Stop trying...

A friend of mine rented a Tahoe and called to tell me it gets great gas mileage. He said he did not have to fill as often as his Jetta.

I did not have the patience or energy to explain.

Victimless crime...
Appreciate 1
kern4174442.00