View Single Post
      08-01-2019, 02:12 PM   #181
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
The render is based on insider hints ( insiders that has seen the new 4 series ) coupled with input from test mule pictures. The sum points to tall grills similar to those in the render.

Sure it could all be smoke and mirrors but any conclusion that we’ll see more of a traditional kidney ala the 8 series or G20 grill is projection at this point.
Do understand that, but also think they may be missing other clues available currently, not accounting for all information, notably, visibly, the test mules suggest a divide from top to bottom where you can see camo and the license plate, and other clues from other models, such as the 8, and just overall design cues from the current models from the brand. To put it specifically, I agree with the overall shape being like the BMW Next Concept, however, I beleive they will divide that shape to top and bottom, with a small strip+lic plate bracket. So I guess you could say I agree with the render if they add a division top to bottom.

I agree with the sentiment that they are using the BMW Next concept as a design cue, but I think the grille shape will be more "implied" rather than literal, as shown by the red dots. I just think people are wrong on it.

Will certainly come back to this thread either way once we know.

Also, a direct question for people who think that vacuum render is right:

Why is there camo to immediate right and left of the license plate? Just for fun?
Attached Images