View Single Post
      10-16-2019, 10:11 AM   #47
pbar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 992 GTS, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot1050 View Post
Hate to echo this, but I went to the M Track Days at COTA and they had the X3M, X4M, M850 and M4 convertible for drag racing. They didn't allow launch control, but they did allow us to brake torque (well, everything but the DCT M4 for obvious reasons).

Low end for the X3M and X4M was notably underwhelming in that company. Great pull (and really great sound) once things were moving, but the trip through the bottom third of the tach seemed leisurely compared to the S55-laden M4 and downright slow against the brutal launches from the M850xi.

Other participants had similar experiences when we talked at the end. The X3M/X4M seemed out of place in that event, and nearly universally the least impressive of all the cars driven that day.
Same experience at the "M Town Tour"... the X3M felt like a heavy truck, the M235i was soggy, and neither deserved to be in the same equivalence class as the M2 Competition.

I've said it before, but if there was a HUD option on the M2 I would trade in my M4 Comp for one tomorrow.
Appreciate 0