evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
HUD is the one thing you can't live without? That's kinda weird, man haha. I like HUD too but if the rest of the M2 driving experience can't overcome that, it cannot be THAT much better I guess.
I agree it's totally weird. But after the test drive I though 'this is not quite as fast as my M4, but I can maybe live with it for the extra engagement'. But the interior felt kinda dated and I *really* missed seeing information in the HUD. I think if I'd been test driving it on the track then the more lively handling would perhaps have overcome the downsides, but the M Town Tour testdrive route was almost entirely on busy roads and you really don't get a feel for a car in 20 minutes of trying to avoid the traffic.
Yeah that is definitely not an ideal scenario ... however, maybe more realistic haha. Easy to fall in love with a car by ripping it around on track too so there's that.... the interior for sure is dated. I had a '16 F80 and recently was shopping for a new fun/daily/track capable car... I couldn't bring myself to get an M2C because it reminded me so much of my "old" car on the interior. Oh well. I'm sure I would've really enjoyed the car but not this go-round

Appreciate 1
pbar1400.00