10-17-2019, 10:32 AM   #52
Dillinger
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot1050 View Post
Hate to echo this, but I went to the M Track Days at COTA and they had the X3M, X4M, M850 and M4 convertible for drag racing. They didn't allow launch control, but they did allow us to brake torque (well, everything but the DCT M4 for obvious reasons).

Low end for the X3M and X4M was notably underwhelming in that company. Great pull (and really great sound) once things were moving, but the trip through the bottom third of the tach seemed leisurely compared to the S55-laden M4 and downright slow against the brutal launches from the M850xi.

Other participants had similar experiences when we talked at the end. The X3M/X4M seemed out of place in that event, and nearly universally the least impressive of all the cars driven that day.
I felt the same way at the M town tour. X3MC was too laggy for my tastes. The low RPM issues seem to be a theme with this vehicle. Once around 3k it's a pure beast. Handling was also stellar IMO. Was looking to upgrade my x3 m40i but left with an overall sour feeling unfortunately. Love the lower end excitement and responsiveness of the B58. Hoping too they figure it out for the new M3. It's on my shortlist!
Appreciate 1
CSBM52695.50