07-22-2021, 05:33 PM   #455
Liamjay
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d touring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamjay View Post
The tyres are a different make, but same size. Still factory standard fit though.
Can your dealer fit the same wheel size and tyre make/spec' as your cousin's car? That may identify or eliminate it being a tyre generated noise.

BTW, what tyres are you running and what are fitted to your Cousin's car?
Quote:
Quote:
The master tech's I feel are fobbing me off but I'm in a position where their word is god. What's frustrating is I can't do an accompanied test drive to show them what noise I'm on about and they don't have the same vehicle in to do a back to back test drive to show it isn't there on another vehicle (which on my cousins 330d touring it isn't!)
Is there any difference in spec' with your cousin's example?
Quote:
Quote:
The tyres are a different make, but same size. Still factory standard fit though.
Can your dealer fit the same wheel size and tyre make/spec' as your cousin's car? That may identify or eliminate it being a tyre generated noise.

BTW, what tyres are you running and what are fitted to your Cousin's car?
Mine has Bridgestone (the exact model I'm unsure as the dealer has my car) running a staggered set up.

My cousin has Pirelli's cinturanto (apologies if spelt wrong!), same staggered set up, and both are non run-flat summer.

It really doesn't sound like a tyre noise though. It's hard to explain but it's more of a constant mechanical noise.
Appreciate 0