Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
nothing about it conveys that it is useful offroad. looks completely worthless, actually. poor clearance, no solid axle. silly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagekko View Post
I like it but it has the same chasis as the new Disco and isnt as rugged and trail ready as the old defender.

Which ever comes first is what I am getting, the X7 45e or the Defender 130 diesel.

Did you guys read the article? While it has departed from solid axles, it still has low range and available center and rear lockers. Those are features typical AWD crossovers do not have and are quite useful on the trail. It also doesn't share a platform with any other Land Rover models as quoted from the article:

Quote:
The Defender rides on an all-new aluminum unibody platform named D7x, not shared with any other Land Rover model. This unibody construction, and the use of independent suspension front and rear, are the biggest departures from Defender tradition.
It's garbage. All those features are boutique terms to wow people who don't know. A base rubicon is far more capable and I'm not really a Jeep guy.