View Single Post
      04-13-2022, 07:28 PM   #12
Nojomojo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanCaviar View Post
I'm a bit of a interloper, my projected build date isn't until the first week of May (Week 18). Link to build spec

A bit curious, seems some people are able to order HK systems... I was told by my SA that Harmon Kardon and Laser Headlights weren't available when I placed the order. Do any of you have recommendations for keeping up with availability of these options? I really don't want to abuse my SA by asking all the time, but also don't want to miss out.
I don't think this will help you very much since you already have an order in with someone, but my experience in getting those options added was going to different BMW dealerships near me within reasonable driving distance, and discussing my build to see if I can get HK, parking assist, and laser lights added which were the main three options I wanted that weren't available in the build configuration web app.

At my 3rd dealership I talked to the GM and he was able to add HK and Park assist after my advisor asked him for help with those options. The first two couldn't do any of that, and all three could not add laser lights as an option so I think that is just gone entirely.

As for keeping up with what is available, I would say if they don't have it or can't add an option then they probably just can't do it. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it seems like they are given allocations and maybe a limited number of times they can add an option, or allocations are designated only a certain number of options that can be added. This would explain the reason why some dealers can add on certain options and others can't, simply because they ran out of allocations that provided those options or ran out of the limited number of times they can add a certain option.

However, I think it is worthwhile to keep asking though because your SA might get more allocations later on and if you car is not in production yet then you might be able to add something on if it becomes available.

Honestly though all of this is just my speculation and trying to rationalize how all that works behind the scenes, so I would take everything I say with a grain of salt and just follow your gut. Don't hound your SA, but be consistent and ask the right questions. Good luck!
Appreciate 1