TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Confession of an idiot.

New contact lens wearer, as in less than one week. I have a difficult time putting the lenses in my left eye. Last night, I used cleaning solution rather than simply contact solution; not knowing the difference. This morning, I remove said contacts from cleaning case. Right eye, pops right in. Left contact get dropped/cleaned several times before lens makes contact with my eye. Once contact is made with eye, BOOM, FIRE!!!! The cleaning solution was peroxide based. I'm new to this/stupid. Had no clue this would happen. After an agonizing morning and a trip to the optometrist, new contacts ordered, a script for eyedrops has been procured, left eyeball is burned, and no contacts for a week.

Learn from my mistake. If you use peroxide based cleaning solution, do not put a contact lens with that shit on it in your eye. I have the worst case of Forrest Whitaker eye ever.
Don't worry man, we've all done that. I did that when I first started wearing contacts decades ago! Haven't done it since.

You'll get used to wearing them after a while. Here's my confession. I use 2 week extended wear soft contacts but can wear them up to 2 months because I take care of them. For the record I use Clear Care Plus HydraGlyde cleaning solution. I think it's the best. My eye doctor used to be surprised how long I could use my contacts but eventually admitted they can be worn longer than recommended as long as you clean them sufficiently.

Oh and here's a tip. DO NOT wear them overnight.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13159.00