03-03-2020, 02:41 PM   #14
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTanks52 View Post
This is incredibly helpful Chenry, thank you!

How does the calculation to achieve a flush look change if we use 19x9 in front? I’m aware these sizes might not be available in the FF01, but trying to wrap my head around these fitment calculations in case I explore other wheels and sizes.
Glad it helped some. So the 19x9 in front would extend an additional 1/4" in and a 1/4" out due to it's wider width. If you didn't want the wheel to poke you would want to adjust the offset accordingly. As we go wider it's not only an issue of flush/poke etc...but also clearance on the inner side of the wheel/tire to the struct, fender liners etc...

We have a pretty good idea of how to achieve a flush look on front (based on my calcs, please confirm and or anyone correct me if I'm wrong) it's
19 x 8 = et: 12

Now using a wheel offset calculator you can start to play around with different wheel widths and offset scenarios. This calculator is pretty good but there are many others out there.

https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Whee...et-Calculator#

ps-remember if you start playing around with spacer scenarios on the calculator adding a spacer decreases the offset :-). (example a wheel with an offset of 40mm running a 15mm has an effective offset of 25mm

again all I try to help where I can but I am not an expert - please please update any of the info here if you find it to be incorrect
Appreciate 0