View Single Post
      12-20-2019, 05:07 PM   #49
2020g20
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
And just like that, my connected drive refuses to Climatize my car. I wish it would. Especially when it's freezing cold here. Wonder what the issue could be when it was working properly all this while (for a little over a month). It was working perfectly fine till yesterday when it refused to.
Same thing happened to me. After working fine for almost 2 months, my Connected Drive remote start failed on 12/5, and has failed every time I've tried since then. The app has seemingly lost all contact with the car, as it can't locate it either.

My car went into dealer 2 days ago for an unrelated service issue, and while it was there I asked them to diagnose/fix this and (hopefully) update my iDrive in the process. After 2 days they said they still hadn't gotten approval back from BMW to update the software, so I picked up the car this afternoon. Apparently the software upgrade takes enough time to where they won't do it unless they can bill BMW for the labor. They said they'd keep the case open and let me know when it's approved for programming. My service advisor confirmed what I've read in other threads here, that updating the software takes several hours, and fails frequently, making you start all over. This boggles my mind. Windows 95 install via 12 floppy disks anyone?
Appreciate 0