View Single Post
      04-27-2019, 07:43 AM   #62
dochobbs
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M340xi

I hope this helps a few people thinking on this car. I took possession of a M340i unexpectedly last weekend. I was cross shopping a 2019 Audi S4 and my local dealership had ONE M340i that wasn't presold and it had everything I wanted in it (though, I may not love the all black rims now that I have them). I have Black/Black with all of the options but the high perf tire package.

My original love for a car that would accelerate smoothly and drive in a way that made me smile started with the last S4 model with a gas guzzling V8 (2008 I am pretty sure). I pushed the pedal, it went faster, no lag, just faster. I had to part with that car to get something that fit growing kids better and returned to sedans in 2015 with a BMW 335xi with the M-Sprot package. It was a nice, car, but nothing wow'd me. Drove that for two years, than in 2017 I got a Tesla Model S. One reason was it was fast, like the V8. But driving it was not enjoyable. The Tesla experience, on whole, was maybe one of the most terrible car owning experiences ever, but a separate story. So now I'm back looking for a new car and was ready to get the S4 again.

I am very glad I kept looking. The M340i drives like my old S4. The acceleration is smooth, no matter how much is asked for, the gear shifting profile is great, I find it handles beautifully and almost begs me to accelerate into curves and turns. It growls just the right amount for a car that drives out to dinner and to work and doesn't wake the neighbors. The technology in the car is really fun too. I'm loving it.

I know that's not the most technical review, but I thought I'd add my thoughts. Now what to do with these rims...
Appreciate 5
BigSky702687.00
Fuller1216.50
Ilyam5888.50
BarryB864.50