05-07-2019, 07:46 PM   #86
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Blah, blah, blah.

BMW USA offered an awd, automatic 328i/330i/328d only with the F31. E91 was also only the small motor but did have a brief manual availability.

Point is, the limitation of drivetrain and transmissions has a lot to do with the problem. I suspect that even though we're a small portion of buyers, the absence of a manual in the G3x will also ultimately hurt sales that they'll just chalk up to CUV's.

It's not just CUV's. If a six cylinder, manual, rwd hatch/wagon had been in the BMW lineup, my last three cars would absolutely not have been a Mazda 3 hatch and two GTI's. However after the F series, it would take a pretty large change in BMW's mindset for me to come back.

If wagons really didn't sell, Volvo wouldn't have four and the RS6 and possibly RS4 wouldn't be in bound.

I can't explain VW possibly killing the Golf Sport Wagon and All Track, except for the fact that they're a little downmarket and priced above their immediate competition. Plus they seem to be making way for EV's in their lineup.
You can comment "blah blah blah" all you want, but you know I'm right. You think throwing multiple variants out there would help sales? I think that's even less likely to happen.

I personally like the V90 a lot. But have I ever seen one on the road? The V60 is rare as-is. Look online to see how many V90s are available for sale. Hardly any of them out there.
Appreciate 0