View Single Post
      05-09-2019, 12:54 PM   #1849
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Nice looking pair. My issues came down to dumb things. Rain rails existed for non sunroof cars, but they barely built any of those. My hot and cold air knob only worked at both extremes, but they could only offer a non M replacement, which seemed stupid. The rear license plate holder became a non existent part. Little things, but it got annoying.

I do wildly miss the steering feel of that thing. Such a perfect HPS setup, outside of non assisted setups, I've never felt better.
I suspect, that the Z3 M Coupes had a lot more of its own unique parts than the Z4 M Coupes. Everything aft of the A pillar on the Z3 M Coupe is different from the run of the mill Z3 Roadster. On the Z4 M, only the roof and hatches are unique, the bulkhead et al are actually all common parts with Z4 roadster (if I'm not mistaken). All the other underpinnings, except for the ECU, are all common parts.

Unlike the Z3 Coupe, where a skunk team of engineers at BMW dreamed up the scopes, the Z4 Coupe was actually a design exercise done by Magna Styer (sound familiar? Same company building the NEW Z4 and Yote.) to show BMW that a new Z4 Coupe can be assembled using mostly existing parts. Heck even run of the mill Z4 roadster rear quarter panels is basically hung on and interchangeable to the Z4 Coupe, and they're the same between the M and non-M.

All the new Zupra goodness, 2/3rd the price, in a 6 speed manual. None of the stuff you don't need (like fake vents that doesn't go anywhere).
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0