View Single Post
      05-11-2019, 08:01 AM   #1851
MR_X
Old guy
Rep
Drives: tricycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
I am still wondering if there will be a market for this type of car - small 2 seater sport coupe. First, most millennials are into CUV, hybrid and electrics. Secondly for those who want some sport coupe performance like the Supra they can get that it in any typical 2+2 two doors such as the 435 or C class coupe with almost the same performance as the Supra but in a much more practical configuration - more seatings and bigger trunks. Thirdly, for the 1980's generation who were into RX7 and the likes, well they are probably too old now. Also the Supra is not cheap. If it were in the 40K range, I imagine it would have some success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
Tell that to my neighbor. The guy got kids to feed. Not sure if he got time for the Supra.
Kids never stopped me. Actually some of the best memories my kids have and enjoy is me taking them for rides in the RX-7s. Just because you have kids, doesn’t mean you have to stop enjoying life the way you used to. Of course you have to adjust, but don’t adjust so much that you can’t share your life style with your kids. I’m 42 and I have 3 kids. 2 of them just left the nest. My youngest (8 years old) enjoys going out in the M4 as well.

Was considering the new Supra but this Supra is just the name slapped on a BMW. Besides, the wife got me the M4 as a retirement present so I was not going to complain.
Appreciate 0