View Single Post
      09-02-2020, 02:37 PM   #67
DanAdam2
Rep
Drives: 330e 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurgel View Post
After two weeks of delay I got told Monday that the car had to go back to the port for testing (Malmö, Sweden). The car has been at the dealership for a month already. The dealers are not allowed to test them. Technicians from Germany will test the cars there. The test is to charge the car over 80% battery level at least three times. If that works fine, the car can be delivered. If not, I suppose it catches fire. The only explanation for the long extra transport is that BMW doesn’t want the cars to burn at the dealerships. No one will notice a few cars burning in Malmö, cars are set on fire there every night. I am so sick of this (mostly the lack of info from BMW)[...]
Gurgel, I got similar info today and my story sounds pretty much like yours. First the delivery was delayed by covid, then weeks at the dealership, and now... I was told the car needs to be sent to the UK (from Ireland) for testing.

In my situation it most likely means I cancel the order and make another one, probably for 2021.
Appreciate 0