View Single Post
      09-02-2020, 02:47 PM   #68
Conrod Bent
Rep
Drives: G20 330e Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurgel View Post
After two weeks of delay I got told Monday that the car had to go back to the port for testing (Malmö, Sweden). The car has been at the dealership for a month already. The dealers are not allowed to test them. Technicians from Germany will test the cars there. The test is to charge the car over 80% battery level at least three times. If that works fine, the car can be delivered. If not, I suppose it catches fire. The only explanation for the long extra transport is that BMW doesn’t want the cars to burn at the dealerships. No one will notice a few cars burning in Malmö, cars are set on fire there every night. I am so sick of this (mostly the lack of info from BMW) I almost wish it will burn. Kind of don’t want it anymore. Built during the holidays in the middle of Civid 19. Of course it was built by summer workers. It was stupid to order one for July production.
I have also been told that my car will be tested at the port, presumably Southampton, and not at the dealership.
I’m not sure I like the sound of the test method though, how are they going to discharge the battery each time it is charged and will this stress the battery in any way.
I had imagined they would visually inspect the welds on the batteries and replace with new ones as required.
Appreciate 0