View Single Post
      11-11-2020, 09:27 AM   #108
Vilus
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

After reading all the above I finally managed to get my March 2019 330i to update to 07/2020.54 this afternoon. Finally got rid of the annoying App notification on my phone that the upgrade was not complete. It sat there for a week, and despite making two 70 mile journeys on consecutive days it did not activate. After reading the above thread I purchased a CTEK and after a few hours on charge it upgraded as soon as I disconnected the charger.

I was particularly annoyed with this upgrade as I asked my local BMW dealer in Canterbury if they could do it for me a month ago when they had the car in for it's first service and track rod recall. In a very rude manner I was told the upgrade was not necessary for my car and they would charge me for it if it was! I would eventually receive the update OTA when it 'trickled down' to me.
Wasn't the fact they had not done it, just their condescending attitude. I left the dealership vowing never to return and contemplating selling the car and going back to Mercedes! Upon reflection I will wait and see what the 2021 C Class looks like as I do really like my G20.
Appreciate 0