11-15-2020, 04:03 PM   #11
Bimmer006
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 -> G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodc271 View Post
Bad news if you have the same issue.
I am still waiting for the part to be delivered from Germany after a month. They say it could be months more which is unbelievable for a car fully in production.
So disappointing to have a feature that has never worked since day one.
BMW are trying to pretend it would have worked at the pre-delivery inspection, which I don't believe.
They put the wrong number plate on the car and forgot to apply paint protection, so overall a pretty poor effort and I'm sure just never checked the car properly.
Its just weird, I cannot determine what's going wrong. When the bmw genius at the dealership showing all the features it worked, but when I was about to leave the dealership parking lot it did not work. When I had my genius guy inspect that, he had no clue why it's not working now, tried resetting idrive7, but that didn't help. He just told me to try tomorrow morning and if it didn't work then bring in for a technician to check.

When I tried this morning, it did work. But after a while when I turned off and turned on along with my key card, the gesture conrol stopped working. So now it's totally disabled and not working. Not sure whether something is triggering that is disabling the Gesture sensor & after few hours it's turning back on. I have to wait few hours or until tomorrow to try again. Most likely something is malfunctioning, so disappointed with a $60k car.
Appreciate 1