Bimmer006
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 -> G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer006 View Post
Did you check with a dealer? I'm still waiting for my part to arrive from Germany, its been more than a month and a half.
Situation with my car is that the problem is 90% resolved. I found that the gesture to mute and unmute sound (two finger v sign !) works 99% of the time and once this is recognised then other gestures like increase volume, or navigate home work as well. The problem now appears to be triggered by my phone Bluetooth connection because it rarely fails when streaming directly through HU or using radio. Situation was worse in Carplay mode when gesture control appeared to totally stop working. Since then, I reset profile, deleted and re-paired the phone and I think it mainly o.k. I am getting a dealer software update on Tuesday and will see if this improves situation further.

Final point, for gesture control to work, I have to have arm resting on the arm-rest with hand approx 6 inches above gear selector. In any other position gesture control is totally useless.

Sorry to read that you are still waiting for part. I read that manufacturers reduced parts orders during shut-down and when produced resumed it increased higher than anticipated and there is a global chip shortage for car-modules because the lead time for chip production is 3 months. Hope your replacement part arrives soon. I am sure I do not have a hardware problem.
Good to know you are sorting out your issue. Yes hopefully you don't have to replace any parts. I hope I'll get mine by Feb or March. Its just annoying that either Gesture control stops working or the Bass in HK sound system stops randomly during the start of the vehicle.
Appreciate 0