View Single Post
      01-26-2021, 12:30 PM   #22
Bimmer006
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 -> G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
Yes, I saw the G20 thread re Harman Kardon (which I also have but seems to be working o.k.).

“With the two special equipment (optional extra):
SA 6U3 BMW LIVE COCKPIT PROFESSIONAL
AND
S-0688 HARMAN / KARDON SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM
A diagnosis must be carried out in the event of a customer complaint.

If the fault memory entry in control unit RAM01:

B7F480 - Booster no connection is present and no other cause can be found: (For example loudspeaker noises or background noises originating from the end device ), the control device is:

Replace amplifier Top-Hifi-System with the following part number:
65 12 5 A38 AB8 amplifier top hi-fi system”

Given there was a bulletin re HK, are you getting the faulty amp changed also?
Thanks for sharing this info. Even I have noticed this in the following post during the weekend. During my last service with my dealer (for Gesture control), they were trying to find out if anything is wrong in my AMP or HK system. But they couldn't find any issue. They have also told me when my Gesture control part arrives, they will try to figure out about the HK system. Fortunately for the past two months HK system is working ok, only once had the bass cut off issue, but when I restarted the car its working properly. I'll keep monitoring this and will see how it goes. I would say BMW should do a recall for this amp, if they are already saying that for the cars manufactured from March 1st, 2020 to November 1st, 2020 has this faulty amp.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1786245
Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00