United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerIx View Post
I get what you're saying. I don't pretend to be race car driver. Literally all my driving is commuting to work and errands. The fact remains in a 6MT you use all 4 limbs to drive and it's fun and engaging. DCT and AT you can drive with just 2 limbs most of the time and when you feel like playing, you're just pulling wimpy little paddles.
Totally understand using all of my limbs to drive - I've had many more manuals than DCT/PDKs in my driving experience. I'm just saying that the utilization of all limbs doesn't dictate the "experience".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerIx View Post
I get what you're saying. I don't pretend to be race car driver. Literally all my driving is commuting to work and errands. The fact remains in a 6MT you use all 4 limbs to drive and it's fun and engaging. DCT and AT you can drive with just 2 limbs most of the time and when you feel like playing, you're just pulling wimpy little paddles.
Totally understand using all of my limbs to drive - I've had many more manuals than DCT/PDKs in my driving experience. I'm just saying that the utilization of all limbs doesn't dictate the "experience".

If you want to use all four limbs learn to left foot brake like F1 drivers.

Two feet.

Two pedals.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 1
dmboone254972.00