View Single Post
      09-01-2019, 12:07 AM   #9
RCtennis3811
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggler View Post
The interior of the G70 is not even in the same league as the BMW when you look at the overall package. I have owned soft leather Japanese cars for most of my adult life so I know it's a baseless comparison.

I predict ~18 months before Genesis G70 owners start complaining with "My leather is stretched/wrinkled/damaged, how do I fix it?". And imagine trying to get a such a complaint addressed at a Hyundai dealership? (https://genesisowners.com/genesis-fo...ts.3272/page-2)

Lexus finally moved over to a proprietary faux leather they call "nuluxe" because they could not match the Germans in leather quality. Nuluxe is certainly a very nice material and easy to maintain in my IS350.

So the way I see it, the Koreans are a step behind the Japanese, and two steps behind the Germans with interior material choices. You really do get what you pay for. End rant.
Hmm, I completely disagree. The nappa leather in my 2015 Hyundai Genesis sedan has held up almost perfectly. This is real world experience over 93,000 miles and 5+ years of ownership.
Appreciate 1