View Single Post
      01-08-2021, 12:16 PM   #38
tarrant64
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Clipper View Post
Not calling you out at all or disputing this but can you link to the thread? I'd like to read it please
I don't recall where I've seen it here, but I've seen posts in a few places online - https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63688.

What you'll generally find is pre-DME lock people were recommending a flash tunes over boost controllers, etc. However, all I've seen of late are those same people that have unlocked DME's with a flash tune continue to recommend that over JB4 and others - not aware of or being ignorant of the fact that newer BMW's (and Supra's for that matter) have no option of flash tunes right now.

That said, I just purchased JB+ (because I'm in the same boat, locked DME), will try that out and if that seems promising, which I suspect it will be, I will likely upgrade to JB4.

I have seen nothing but good results for JB4 and other modifiers. I think there's certainly a YMWV aspect to it depending on what boost setting you're on, your fuel being used, etc. on the types of results you get. For the money - you can't go wrong trying JB+/JB4 and just return it if it doesn't meet your expectations.
Appreciate 1