01-09-2024, 09:23 AM   #235
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermason11 View Post
Trying to change my setup to be more F1 centric, thus, getting a new Sparco GP seat (formula style). But the screen is way too high and not sure how I can bring it down without moivn g it further back…. Sigh !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
A) Have you thought about moving the display closer? With the distance you have between wheel and base, you could pull the display inward and drop it (what looks like) a few inches so it's almost touching the red hub.

B) How do you like those Active Pedals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermason11 View Post
Yeh, I thought about moving it closer but the screen is too bright and big, I dont want it to be in my face. I'm also sensitive to too much brightness and I'm afraid I might get easily dizzy.

The activepedals is great. The thing that made me do it was the adjustability via the software instead of tinkering with different springs, load and angles.
I haven't set up a formula rig yet, but from what I've researched and what I see in your rig it looks like your seat is still too high and not reclined enough. Your feet should be roughly chest height or just below chest height. This would move your head further away from the screen as it currently sits, so it might allow you to move the screen inward and down like Roman suggested. Unfortunately because of the seat and wheel position of formula racing I've always understood that it is difficult to get the proper monitor position, which is why you see a lot of large monitors out in front of the rig.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0