03-10-2024, 09:45 AM   #26
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Rivian stock is around $13/share and down from it's $140 peak a few years ago. Yes, they are smoking through cash and have been for a while. Their reliability is terrible but so was Teslas when they first started out. Rivian has announced 3 new smaller models and I think the company may be on the right track as these are cheaper, smaller, less powerful models that may better appeal to the masses. I don't plan to own an EV but I do think they are part of the automotive future, though are not the answer. They do have their value just as much as a hybrid or efficient ICE vehicle.

Now with that out of the way, what are investors thoughts? Any glaring red flags beyond what i already noted? I made a killing on my Activision Blizzard stock when MS bought the company and I was thinking about taking around 10% of that profit and buying around 800 shares and see what happens. I'd probably unload it once it gets to $50-60/share. This investment would represent a very tiny part of my portfolio so there's no worry here that I'm putting all my eggs in one basket.
My usual response if someone asks if they should do X I reply no. My thinking is if one has to ask...

You should be able to answer your own question.

I think you did in a way. Kind of a digest of what you wrote is if you can afford to have Rivian stock go to $0 and the loss won't affect you in any meaningful way then buy the stock.

The purchase is a gamble but as long as you ain't riskin' the farm...
Appreciate 0