infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Red:
Why is it that you find it necessary to exculpate someone for violating the trust that was given to them, not only by the NFL, but also by the fans? It's a matter of professional ethics. Period.

There are no degrees of cheating. One either followed the stated rules without exception or one knowingly didn't. (Particularly rules that one is given the benefit of the doubt with regard to compliance.) Regardless of the outcome, the fact remains that multiple individuals in one organization willfully took it upon themselves on multiple instances in one game -- first by underinflating the balls and second by not doing anything to correct their teammates actions to that end -- to clandestinely circumvent the rules and sought thereby to gain advantages for their team.

BTW, 30 minutes is half of a football game. Winning plays and successions of plays have been made in far less time.
Are those things common? Of course not. That isn't the point.
If he does so without violating the rules which he himself agreed to follow, there won't be anything to say.

As an aside, once the under inflated balls were discovered, and seeing as each team maintains responsibility for the balls used, had the league simply required the Patriots to forfeit the game for having used them for half of the game, I'd have considered that sufficient punishment. Given that the onus for integrity, honestly, with regard to rule compliance rested on the respective teams, I feel a "shoot first, ask questions later" approach would have been warranted.

Blue:
So long as the man adheres to the letter of the rules stipulated while the game is being played, there'll be nothing to gripe about.

Green:
??? http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...gate/22110063/

All the best.

The Indy star just reiterated my point, fractions of a possible advantage.
I don't deny wrong doing but I think Brady should only miss maybe 1 game or just a 250K fine. The damage is done the golden has a shiner and boy oh boy could the haters not wait pummel him again.
But America loves a come back more than anything....

Your other reply is the answer for most of Americas problems with entitlements and laziness but that is a incomplete generalization on my part. Socioeconomics implications are a major factor in determining moral fiber of young America. It is a steeper and longer ladder to the shrinking middle class( then generations before ) and the widening gap between the have and have nots. (I am 30 by the way with 2 young kidos)

Having a solid foundation never hurt anyone but you everything reverts back to the money tree of the NCAA. the subpar student athlete is here to stay.