05-15-2015, 05:32 AM   #41
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Really? In response to my having expressly identified the two modes of philosophical thought I use to evaluate of the ethics of a given matter/action, along with why/when I apply one or the other, that's what you have to say.

We are done.

All the best.
We're done because I made your comments look foolish. To quote your "modes of philosophical thought"....

"Consequentialism is the view that morality is all about producing the right kinds of overall consequences. Here the phrase “overall consequences” of an action means everything the action brings about, including the action itself." - This is just pin-headed babble.

And this tidbit; it just doesn't make any sense.

"Right takes priority over Good. For example, if someone proposed to kill everyone currently living on land that could not support agriculture in order to bring about a world without starvation, a Deontologist would argue that this world without starvation was a bad state of affairs because of the way in which it was brought about."
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 05-16-2015 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 0