View Single Post
      10-11-2020, 10:05 AM   #131
fanshu
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2019 MB C43, 2016 BMW M2

This is a good review for both M340i and C43, I have to bring back this one as I was just choosing between these two a few months back.

I agreed most of the comments, I tested the demo car in BMW dealer, and a facelift 2018 C43. We timed the 0-100 and it's M340i faster, but it feels faster in C43, I don't know why.

I have a 2016 M2, and I have an 8-year old first gen RS3. I need to replace the RS3, so testing the M340i, but it didn't give me surprise. When there is a second hand C43, I went to test it. This is not bad, driving experience is just slightly better than the M340i.

However, both the interior materials and finishing feels better in the C43. This facelift only has the traditional dials and a 5.5 inches LCD screen, but this AMG has a lot of info like engine oil temp, transmission temp, tyre pressures and temp etc. It seems M340i doesn't have it displayed even it has the new digital screen.

And due to pendemic, BMW dealer doesn't know when will the new car can come a few months back. So I decided to change the RS3 to C43.

The RS3 is not bad even it is the first generation, but it really understeer when you push hard. This C43 seems quite neutral with it's 4matic when pushed hard, it did feel quite heavier than the RS3 tho.

In terms of driving pleasure, I believe it is really only the M2 can give you a lot!

Just want to share this for your information.
Appreciate 0