c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
The article said that the car R&T had was a pre-production model which does not represent the final product that buyers will get. I think it’s safe to say that there will be tweaks in performance, there’s always ways to get a little more umph and I doubt Chevy will be not working to make it better.
Agreed, I’m also guessing they’ll be doing a software update to speed up and improve trans shifts among other things with the extra time.
I'm pretty sure that caveat applies more to physical fit and finish and not the engine or electronics. At least that's how I read it. I mean the tires, gears, drivetrain, exhaust or engine etc aren't going to change. But before they get ready to build the car in production, they might be able to tighten up some tolerances on door gaps or perhaps paint adjustments. The entire supply chain has been pretty much locked in at this point I would guess. I just read somewhere that the "new" accelerate yellow color unique to the C8 was actually created as far back as 2017. It's not like making a change is as simple as ordering something from Amazon Prime.
Appreciate 0