View Single Post
      06-14-2020, 01:44 PM   #13
TorontoGambler
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC90 Inscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by G20Dream View Post
I was able to negotiate 6% off MSRP before incentives. Incentives currently are at $2500 in Ontario for a lease. However the car is a showroom car... should I be able to get more? Also, is residual in Canada that low on these 48 month lease? Dealers all saying it’s about $28.5K!?
The residuals in Canada are about 10% lower than what you see in the US unfortunately, jacking up our lease costs. If you’re not currently in a BMW and don’t get the 2% loyalty the card edits are $2500, but there’s another $1k available if you’re company has a car allowance policy (mine does). 6% off for showroom I’d say is minimum. It’s not bad, some certainly do worse, but if you call a few locations for comparison you should be able to get 7%... which they’ll say is all the margin they have and more or less true before holdback. That said if it’s your local BMW you should get the extra 1% just because it’s worth it for them to get another customer into service. If it’s a location with a lot of inventory, specifically a lot of M340’s you can get better than 7% since they need cash flow. If they only have 1 or a few of the model they may hold at 6-7% off and focus on clearing other models. What part of the country are you in? I made the drive to Laval to get a car with the exact build I wanted and because they had a lot of inventory I got 8%. All that said if it’s the exact car you want and it’s local then 6% off in Canada is just fine so don’t feel bad pulling the trigger.
Appreciate 0